This trek is one of the popular trekking spots in Himachal near Chandra Khanni Pass. This trek lies a little ahead of the beautiful Chandra Khanni Pass. Village of Malana, an isolated community that has its own language, customs and laws, governed by a parliament of village elders called Koram. This ia an easy trek leads us through picturesque and pleasing landscape, birch forests, rhododendron bushes, lush meadows which offer awe-inspiring views - from the snow-capped Dhaula Dhar to the South. This is one of the most enchanting trek available in the Kullu valley, which offers some of the most widely beautiful mountain scenery to be found anywhere in India.
|BEST TIME TO VISIT||MAY TO JUNE / SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER|
|AREA||KULLU MANALI HIMACHAL PRADESH ( INDIAN HIMALAYAS)|
|HIGHEST ALTITUDE||3660 M APPROX (CHANDARKHANI PASS)|
|GRADING||MODERATE TREK (GRADE 2)|
|DURATION||6 NIGHTS / 07 DAYS|
DAY 01 ARRIVAL MANALI
ALTITUDE 1985M APPROX
On arrival in manali, meet India Insight trek manager & transfer to hotel.
- Manali is located at an altitude of 1829M is one of the popular hill station of Himalayan range in Himachal Pradesh state of India. Manali is one of the very popular and highly sought visiting place and tourist destination for not only Indians, for even foreigners throughout the year. Experiencing the view of hill stations surrounding Manali is a marvelous experience. Some of the Himalayan peaks which can be seen surrounding Manali.
Evening explore the local markets (The Mall road / Van Vihar) of Manali. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 02 MANALI / NAGGAR / RUMSU (TREK START) / NAMBRA TAPRU
30 MINUTES DRIVE TO NAGGAR + 05-06 HRS TREK; ALTITUDE 3100M APPROX
After breakfast, drive to Naggar trekking point and then start trekking to Nambra Tapru. Trek to village of Rumsu & little hard first day well enjoyed the walking through the forest and enjoy the panoramic view from Camp - Nambra Tapru. On arrival pitch the camp. Meals and overnight stay at camp.
DAY 03 NAMBRA TAPRU / BASE OF CHANDRAKHAINI PASS
03 HRS TREK; ALTITUDE OF CHANDRAKHAINI PASS 3660M APPROX
After Breakfast, start trek to Base of Chanderkhani Pass. Today easy climb through forest of conifer to alpine meadows which offers a magnificent view Pir Panjal range and peaks rising above 6000 mtrs. Camp at the base of Chanderkhani Pass. Meals and overnight stay at camp.
DAY 04 BASE OF CHANDRAKHAINI PASS / CHANDRAKHAINI PASS / MALANA
TREK 04 HRS; ALTITUDE OF MALANA 3029M APPROX
After breakfast, the trek leads through a carpet of high altitude flowers to Chanderkhani pass (3660m), a heaven for nature lovers. Until the end of June, the top of Chanderkhani pass is usually covered with snow. The pass provides you great views of the peaks of Dhauladhar and Peer Panjal range. From here you descend to Malana, a unique habitation which has maintained its own democratic system of government for many centuries. Meals & Overnight stay at Camp.
- Malana is an ancient Indian village in the state of Himachal Pradesh. This solitary village in the Malana Nala, a side valley of the Parvati Valley to the north-east of Kullu Valley, is isolated from the rest of the world. The majestic peaks of Chanderkhani and Deotibba shadow the village. It is situated on a remote plateau by the side of the torrential Malana River, at a height of 3,029 metres (9,938 ft) above sea level. Unaffected by modern civilisation, Malana has its own lifestyle and social structure. People are strict in following their customs. Malana has been the subject of various documentaries, including Malana, Globalization of a Himalayan Village, and Malana- the Lost Identity. The existing speakers of the autochthonous language Kanashi, the traditional language of the inhabitants of Malana, number approximately 1700. According to the 1961 census, the language speakers were then 563, but today the population of Malana is at least three times as large as 40 years ago.
DAY 05 MALANA / RASHOL TOP (OVER RASHOL PASS)
05-06 HRS TREK; ALTITUDE OF RASHOL PASS 3300M APPROX
After breakfast, continue trek to over Head to Rashol village after a steep ascent to Rashol Pass. Rest of the time excursion around the camp. Meals and overnight stay at Camp.
DAY 06 RASHOL / KASOL / MANIKARAN / KASOL
06 HRS TREK APPROX
After breakfast, walk from Rashol to Kasol. In Kasol, the vehicle will be waiting for you and from there you have an excursion of Manikaran by vehicle (about a 40 minutes drive) & enjoy the famous natural hot springs.
- Manikaran is located in the Parvati Valley between the rivers Beas and Parvati, northeast of Bhuntar in the Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. It is at an altitude of 1760 m and is located about 45 km from Kullu. This small town attracts tourists visiting Manali and Kullu to its hot springs and piligrim centers. Manikaran is a pilgrimage centre for Hindus and Sikhs. The Hindus believe that Manu recreated human life in Manikaran after the flood, making it a sacred area. It has many temples and a Gurudwara. The area is well known for its hot springs and its beautiful landscape.
After Gurudwara visit, drive back to Kasol. Meals and Overnight stay at camp.
DAY 07 KASOL / KULLU / DEPARTURE
After breakfast, drive to Kullu and final departure towards your onward destinations.
***END OF THE PROGRAM***
- Accommodation in Manali in Standard hotels on twin share basis.
- Vehicle disposal from arrival in Manali till drop at trekking point and again pick up from trekking point by Non AC local jeep / Non AC Tempo Traveller including all sector drive & sightseeing as per the program.
- Service of local English speaking guide / trek manager from arrival in Manali till final departure from Manali.
- Trekking & Camping: - All camping & trekking arrangements for entire Trek as per the program including service of experienced cook, Sherpa Staff, 02 Pax Mountain tents, Mattresses & other Basic Camping Gear. All meals during camping.
- Mules - Horses to Carry Trek & Personal Baggage for Entire Trek. (20 KG PERSONAL BAGGAGE)
- All camping Charges En route are also included.
THE ABOVE PROGRAM EXCLUDES:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, Laundry, Telephone /fax calls, personal clothing, Sleeping Bags etc.
- Any tips to drivers, hotels staff or local Guide.
- ANY EXPENSES CAUSED BY REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL SUCH AS TRAIN - FLIGHT DELAYS / CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING, ETC AND ANY OTHER SITUATIONS RELATED TO ROAD BLOCKS, ACCIDENTS, MEDICAL EVACUATION AND NATURAL CALAMITIES
- Any meals & expenses apart from the ones mentioned above.