|BEST TIME||APRIL TO MIF OF JULY|
|HIGHEST ALTITUDE||1457 M|
|AREA||HIMACHAL PRADESH (INDIAN HIMALAYAS)|
|MAX ELEVATION||3200 M|
|DURATION||02 NIGHTS / 03 DAYS|
DAY 01: ARRIVAL DHARAMSALA
Arrival Dharamsala by overnight Volvo bus, transfer to Hotel for breakfast. Check in time is 1300 Hours. Early check-in will be subject to availability at the time of arrival.
Later Sightseeing tour of Dharamsala visiting Norbulingka (Tibetan centre for learning and preserving traditional Tibetan art and craft), At Norbulingka visit various workshops where you see the artists making different traditional artifacts. Also visit Doll Museum and the beautiful Buddhist temple at Norbulingka centre. Norling cafe at Norbulingka serve good vegetarian Tibetan food.
Later drive back to Mcleod Ganj where you go for a short Kora walk- a holy walk around the temple and residence of H.H. Dalai Lama. During the walk you see many Tibetan people chanting holy humns while they go on this holy trail. The walk is followed by a visit to the temple of H.H. Dalai Lama. Overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY 02: ON TREK BHAGSU NAG - TRIUND
(2875 M), 09 KM, 05 HOURS WALK
After breakfast at hotel transfer to trek starting point, It is steep ascent through mixed forest of oak, rhododendron and deodar trees to Triund.
Triund is an alpine meadow on top of a plateau with superb close view of the snow covered peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and Kangra valley on the other. Camp here for overnight stay.
DAY 03: TRIUND- -KHABROTU- LAKA GLACIER
(3200M)--BACK TO TRIUND 8 KM, 4 HOURS WALK
After breakfast we start walking towards Laka got. We traverse a small ridge along the glacial moraine to reach Khabrotu from where we have closer view of the peaks of Dhauladhar range. Walk down to Laka Glacier. The glacier remain full of snow from March to May and then starts to recede. There is no snow at the glacier after monsoon. Spend sometime at Laka Glacer and then walk back to Triund for overnight stay in Tents.
DAY 04: TRIUND- BHAGSU NAG- BIR
After breakfast walk back. We can take a different route on the way back via laheta village and end up our trek near Bhagsu Waterfall. It is 4 hours downhill walk from from Triund to Bhagsu Nag. End of the trek. Drive to Bi r(2hours drive). Check in Hotel in Bir.
DAY 05: BIR-BILLING-BIR-DHARAMSALA
After breakfast drive(25 minutes) to Billing from where you take a tandem Paragliding ride with an expert pilot. It is 15 to 20 minutes ride depending on the wind conditions. Later drive to Dharamsala to board overnight Volvo bus back to Delhi.
***END OF THE PROGRAM***
- 01 Night Hotel accommodation in Mcleod Ganj on twin sharing with breakfast using Hotel Norbu House or Hotel 8 Auspecious Him view.
- 01 Night Hotel accommodation in Bir on twin sharing with breakfast using Colonel Resort or Namlang Himal Resort.
- 02 Nights/03 Days trek to Laka Glacier with 02 Nights camping at Triund in trekking style tents on twin sharing with sleeping bags, soft thin foam matterss, kitchen facility, dry pit toilet tent,etc.
- All vegetarian meals during the trek starting with lunch on day 02(first day of trek) till breakfast on day 04(last day of trek)
- Guide for the trek.
- Botted water for drinking during the trekking days only.
- All land transport as per itinerary for all transfer and local sightseeing in Dharamsala and for drive from Dharamsala to bir and back.
- 01 Tandem Paragliding ride for each person from Billing to Bir.
- All Taxes.
THE ABOVE PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Volvo Bus from Delhi to Dharamsala and vice versa. We can arrange the same at extra cost.
- Major meals (Lunch & Diner) while staying at Hotel in Dharamsala and Bir.
- Bathing facility during the trek.
- Items and services of personal nature like soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, laundry,etc
- Any other services that are not included under the head "Price Includes"