|BEST TIME||MID JUNE TILL MID SEPTEMBER|
|ROUTING||ARRIVAL MANALI - JISPA - SARCHU - LEH DEPARTURE|
|AREA||HIMACHAL PRADESH, JAMMU & KASHMIR|
|GRADING||MODERATE ( JEEP SAFARI)|
|DURATION||07 NIGHTS / 08 DAYS|
DAY 01 ARRIVAL MANALI
On arrival in Manali, assisted transfer to the hotel & check in.
Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 02: MANALI
After breakfast full day sightseeing in around Manali the "queen of the mountain" situated at an altitude of 1985m. Places of visit are:
- Vashisht Temple (Hot water springs)
- Manu Rishi temple in Old Manali Village.
- Hadimba Temple
- Jagat Sukh Temple
After visits, drive back to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 03 MANALI / RHOTANG PASS (3998 M) / KEYLONG / JISPA
DISTANCE: 140 KMS; DRIVING 07-08 HRS APPROX
After breakfast commences drive to Jispa over the mighty Rohtang Pass, en-route visit Goshal Village, which is one of the richest village in this valley and the valley is very famous for salt tea & local rice beer, you can have the experience of salt tea / local beer in this village. The people of this valley are mainly Buddhists & the local society still follows the ancient culture of polygamy!!!! After that continue drive to Jispa via Keylong which is capital city in this valley. Upon arrival at Jispa check into the hotel for night stay.
Dinner & overnight at hotel..
DAY 04 JISPA/SARCHU
DISTANCE: 75 KMS; DRIVING 04 -05 HRS APPROX
Visit local villages around Jispa.
After visit, afternoon proceed for Sarchu (the border of Himachal and Jammu Kashmir states). Sarchu is inhabited by a Himalayan clan, gaddi, and a few lonely soldiers at an army outpost. Upon arrival check in the fixed camp for overnight.
Overnight at Fixed camp.
DAY 05 SARCHU / LEH DISTANCE: 265 KMS; DRIVING 08-09 APPROX
Early breakfast at 0700 hrs in camp, commence the long drive to Leh, drive over some of the highest passes on this road & through the southern tip of the Tibetan plateau cross the highest pass on this road called the Tanglang la (5359m/17,582ft). Arrival in Leh in the evening. On arrival check in hotel for overnight. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 06 LEH
After breakfast drive to Spituk, this is 18 kms from Leh enroute visit at Shanti Stupa and Spituk Gompa.
- Shanti Stupa- Shanti Stupa is a Buddhist white-domed stupa (chorten) on a hilltop in Chanspa, Leh. It was built in 1991 by Japanese Buddhist Bhikshu Gyomyo Nakamura. The Shanti Stupa holds the relics of the Buddha at its base, enshrined by the 14th Dalai Lama himself. The stupa has become a tourist attraction not only due to its religious significance but also due to its location which provides panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
- Sankar Gompa- Sankar Monastery or Sankar Gompa is a Buddhist monastery within an easy half-hour walk from Leh. It is a daughter-establishment of Spituk Monastery and the residence of the Abbot of Spituk, the Venerable Kushok Bakula, who is the senior incarnate lama of Lad vakh due to his ancient lineage and personal authority.
- Spituk Gompa - which was founded in 11th century by Od-De the elder brother of Lha Lama Changchub-od, the Gompa named Spituk (exemplary) when Rinchen Zangpo translator came to that place and said that exemplary religious community would rise. Initially it belonged to the Kadampa School then during the life time of king Gragspa Bumide made it Gayluk Pa order.
After having visit you have a hike to Sabu village (02 hrs walk). An interesting desert up an easy hiking of 02 hours walks through two attractive small passes of 3700 mtrs.alt. From the top of the passes you can see the beautiful view of the part of the famous village Sabu and continue the trek descending then arrive at Sabu Village and enjoy lunch at local house. Pick up you at Sabu village by our vehicle and drive to Leh hotel...Dinner & overnight at hotel.
DAY 07 LEH (MONASTERY MAGICAL)
After breakfast drive toward Hemis around 45 km from Leh, en route visit Shey, & Thiksey monasteries...
- Shey monastery - was the old capital and the home of the kings of Ladakh before the new capital became established in Leh the palace sits in a strategic position on a spur jutting out into the Indus valley. The main temple contains a large Buddha statue sculpted by Nepalese craft men.
- Thiksey monastery - this large Gompa is an impressive sight, situated on top of a craggy hill while the rest of the complex sprawls down beneath it. It was founded in the 15th century by Gelukpa monks.
- Hemis monastery - this is the richest monastery in the Indus valley.
- Stok Palace - The museum at the Stok Palace has an intriguing collection of Buddhist art, weapons, jewelry and artifacts, including thangkas painted with colors derived from crushed precious stones. Also on display are the ceremonial headdresses or 'peraks' of the erstwhile rulers of Ladakh.
After having monastery visits drive back to Leh. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
DAY 08 LEH AIRPORT DROP
After breakfast, will provide departure transfer to Leh airport.
***END OF THE PROGRAM***
PRICE PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING BASIS
INR 42093.00 PER PERSON
THE ABOVE PRICE IS COMMISSIONABLE BY 15% & VALID FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED DATES ONLY, INCLUDING THE CURRENT GOVT GST.
THE PRICE IS VALID FOR A GROUP OF MINIMUM 06 PAX.
FIXED DEPARTURE DATES
- August 13th to August 30th
- August 27th to September 03rd
- September 10th to September 17th
HOTEL LISTED BELOW OR SIMILAR
|Manali||Green Mountain Lodge http://www.greenmountainlodge.net/||Deluxe room||02||HB|
|Jispa||Padma Lodge www.padmalodgejispa.com||Standard Room||01||HB|
|Sarchu||Goldrop Camp||Fixed Tents||01||HB|
|Leh||Charu Palace www.hotelcharupalaceleh.com||Deluxe Room||03||HB|
- Accommodation at hotels indicated on twin sharing basis.
- Vehicle & diver disposal pick up from Manali on day 01 till drop at Leh hotel on day 05 by Non –
- AC Toyota Innova including all sector drives, sightseeing as per the program.
- In Leh all local monasteries visit, sightseeing and airport departure is included by Non AC Toyota
- Innova as per program.
- Service of English speaking tour manager from Manali on day 02 till drop at Leh hotel on day 05.
- In Ladakh portion all monasteries sightseeing by local Ladakhi English speaking monasteries guide.
- One time monuments entrance fee is included during the visit in Manali and Leh-Ladakh.
- One time entry environmental fee in Leh.
- Spend the time with local people in their house to know about their lifestyle.
- Enjoy local traditional Lunch at a local family in Manali.
- Experience of local salt tea / Rice beer of the Manali.
- Day hike to Sabu village in Leh.
THE ABOVE PRICE EXCLUDES
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephones / fax calls etc.
- ANY EXPENSES CAUSED BY REASON BEYOND OUR CONTROL SUCH AS ROAD BLOCKS, WEATHER
- CONDITIONS, NATURAL CALAMITIES, ACCIDENTS, MEDICAL EVACUATION.
- Any flight fare, any flight/train cancellation, rescheduling, delays etc.
- Any tips to drivers, hotel staff.
- Visa fee or airport taxes, camera fees.
- Any other expenses apart from the ones mentioned above.
THE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO BE REVISED IF ANY ADDITIONAL TAXES OR HIKE ARE INTRODUCED BY THE GOVERNMENT.
THE COST ABOVE IS PROVISIONAL; SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDS ON THE HOTELS CONFIRMED. THE EXACT COST SHALL BE KNOWN TO YOU AFTER THE HOTEL CONFIRMATION.
IMP NOTE Please note that the Hotels proposed in the quote may not be available at time of booking, in this situation suitable alternative hotel will be booked. In the situation suitable/similar hotel is not available a next available category will be booked n cost diff between the two hotels will be provided, in case of reduction we will refund the money but incase of supplements, the clients should be ready for the same. If we get higher category rooms clients will need to pay the difference if they choose this option