|BEST TIME TO VISIT||MID MARCH TILL MID JUNE & MID SEPEMBER TILL END NOVEMBER|
|HIGHEST ALTITUDE||2800M (TRIUND)|
|AREA||DHARAMSALA (INDIAN HIMALAYA)|
|GRADING||EASY (GRADE 2)|
It is a one-day trek on the oldest migratory route followed by shepherds of Chamba and Kangra. Years ago, the British began trekking to Triund on this route and today it is a popular trek route for tourists. The trek to Triund is one of the most popular and easy treks that one can undertake when in McLeod Ganj. A gradual climb of 1500 meters takes you from Mcleodganj to Triund via the village of Dharamkot. The trek technically starts at Dharamkot, which is just 2 km from Mcleodganj and this distance can easily be covered by hiring a taxi or an auto. However, many travel enthusiasts love to walk from McLeod Ganj. Triund is loved for its views and since it is a popular trek, the route has a number tea shops and dhabas. It follows a well-established path used by the local Gaddi people.
DAY 01 DHARAMSHALA / BOA / KONAL VILLAGE (TREK START)
ALTITUDE 1600M; DISTANCE 12 KMS; 03-04 HRS TREK APPROX
After arrival, transfer to Boa Village on the banks of the Brahal River. Our trek begins with a steep climb to the remote Sheppard tribal village of Batuni and just above it, the Snake God Temple at Lingru Nag. This is a picturesque place to enjoy lunch, after which we descend through forest, terraced fields and small villages. We finally traverse up to a lower pass to arrive at our camp at the village of Konal, 1,600m. Prepare yourself for hours of fun and games with the very curious local children!
Meals & Overnight stay at the Camp.
DAY 02 KONAL / KARERI (TREK)
ALTITUDE 2070M; DISTANCE 12KMS; 03-04 HRS TREK APPORAX
After breakfast, start heading towards the next valley and descend steeply into another village before starting a constant and tough climb through dense pine and deodar forests to the top of the ridge. Our route from here is surrounded by the most magnificent views as we continue along the side of the mountain, passing farm houses and small settlements all the way to the village of Kareri at 2070m. The setting for our camp tonight is surrounded by rolling hills in a picturesque meadow on the banks of the Luanda River, with distant views of the mountains and slate-roofed villages. We spend the evening around the bonfire with the shepherds sleeping close by. Meals & Overnight stay at Camp.
DAY 03 KARERI / BALH VILLAGE (TREK)
ALTITUDE 2100M; DISTANCE 12 KMS; 04-05 HRS TREK APPORX
After breakfast, continue trek with a gradual but tough ascent to a typical mountain village where we are welcomed by the locals. We can see the traditional way of life of the local shepherds and perhaps share a cup of hot sweet chai. The distant views of the Dhaula Dhar mountain range accompany us as we continue through open meadows, pine forest and villages before descending to our lunch spot in the valley by a mountain stream. Dense forest of bamboo, oak and pine surround us until we reach a col, from where it is another short climb to Balh village. From here a descent route through terraced fields lead us into camp by a glacial river; a perfect spot for a refreshing dip. Meals & Overnight stay at Camp.
DAY 04 BALH VILLAGES / TRIUND (TREK)
ALTITUDE 2800M; DISTANCE 12KMS; 05-06 HRS TREK APPORAX
After breakfast trek to the highlights of challenge as we reach the height of 2800m. From our camp we climb the steep trail through magnificent forest. Once we arrive at the ridge we make a gradual ascent on a path used by the Gaddi tribal people during their summer migrations to Laka and Triund. From mid afternoon by a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva the views have opened up into the panorama of the Dhaula Dhar mountain range. Our camp tonight is at Triund and for those with more energy there is a chance to visit the prayer flags and the amazing scenic Shiva Shrine above our camp at 3200 M. Meals & Overnight stay at Camp.
DAY 05 TRIUND / DHARAMSALA (END OF THE TREK) DISTANCE 12KMS; 04-05 HRS TREK APPORAX
This is the last day of our trek and after breakfast trek down to the McLeod Ganj. The classic Himalayan views today are dominated by the snow covered peaks and of the valley below us, into which we start to descend. Our trail takes us steeply down along an eastern shoulder from our camp, walking down a stony and grassy path until reaching mixed forests and a river. We cross by boulder hopping, to a small teashop and an attractive waterfall. Finally we reach Bhagsu Nag and the hustle and bustle of everyday life returns. Our jeeps take us through the town and into McLeod Ganj and the wonderful luxury of our hotel. Tonight we relax once again in comfortable surroundings and enjoy a celebratory meal after our tough challenge.
Departure from camp and proceed for their respective destination.
***END OF THE PROGRAM***
PRICE PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING BASIS INR 34633.00 PER PERSON
THE ABOVE PRICE IS COMMISSIONABLE BY 15% & VALID FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED DATES ONLY, INCLUDING THE CURRENT GOVT. SERVICE TAX.
PRICES ARE VALID FOR A GROUP OF 06 PAX & ABOVE
- September 23 rd to September 27 st
- September 30 th to October 04 th
- October 08 th to October 12 th
- October 14 th to October 18 th
- October 21 th to October 25 th
- October 29 th to November 02 nd
- November 05 th to November 09 th
- November 12 th to November 16 th
- November 19 th to November 23 rd
- November 26 th to November 30 th
- Vehicle picks up from hotel Dharamshala to Boa trekking points on day 01 by Non Ac Toyota Innova.
- All trekking/camping arrangements including accommodation in alpine style movable tents on twin sharing with sleeping bags, soft thin mattresses, kitchen tent fitted with all kitchen equipment, dinning tent with camping stool and table, dry pit toilet tent, etc.
- All vegetarian meals during the trek starting with lunch on day 02 till lunch on day 06.
- Trek guide, cook, kitchen helper and camp helpers.
- Ponies to carry your personal trekking luggage, camping equipment, raw food, etc.
- Bottled water for drinking during the trek.
- All Taxes.
THE ABOVE PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephones / fax calls, etc.
- ANY EXPENSES CAUSED BY REASON BEYOND OUR CONTROL SUCH AS ROAD BLOCKS, WEATHER CONDITIONS , NATURAL CALAMITIES , ACCIDENTS, MEDICAL EVACUATION , FLIGHT CANCELLATION , RESCHEDULING , DELAYS ETC
- Hotel accommodation and meals in Dharamshala before and after the trek.
- Transport to/from Dharamshala before and after the trek.
- Items and services of personal nature like soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, laundry,etc.
- Any other services that are not mentioned under the head "Price Includes"
- Any tips to drivers, hotel staff.
- Any local airfares visa fee or airport taxes.
- Any meals apart from the mentioned above.
- Any other expenses apart from the ones mentioned above.
- This trek is more suitable for spring and autumn time (March/April and October to December).
- For a regular trekker e considers this trek as easy grade but at the same time we do not recommend the beginners to begin with this trek. There are few uphill and downhill walks that are bit tiring.
THE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO BE REVISED IF ANY ADDITIONAL TAXES OR HIKE ARE INTRODUCED BY THE GOVERNMENT.
IMP NOTE Please note that the Hotels proposed in the quote may not be available at time of booking, in this situation suitable alternative hotel will be booked. In the situation suitable/similar hotel is not available a next available category will be booked n cost diff between the two hotels will be provided, in case of reduction we will refund the money but incase of supplements, the clients should be ready for the same. If we get higher category rooms clients will need to pay the difference if they choose this option