|BEST TIME||MID JUNE TILL SEPTEMBER|
|HIGHEST ALTITUDE||AVERAGE 3662 M|
DAY 01 ARRIVAL CHANDIGARH/ KALKA/ THANEDAR
DISTANCE 440KMS; DRIVING 10-11HRS APPROX; ALTITUDE 7700 ft. / 2350 M,
Pick up at Chandigarh airport or Kalka train station and drive to Thanedar.
- Chandigarh called as "The City Beautiful", the Union territory of Chandigarh serves as the capital city of both Punjab and Haryana. Planned by Le Corbusier, the well-known French architect, Chandigarh derived its name from the ancient Chandi Mandir located in the city Chandigarh was the 1st planned city in India. Chandigarh is also the 1st city that went smoke free on July 15th, 2007. Smoking in any of the public places was prohibited strictly.
- Thanedar is at about 80 kms from Shimla on the old Hindustan - Tibet road. Set at an altitude of about 7700 ft / 2350 M, from here unfolds a magnificent panorama of mountains. The farthest of them are cloaked in snow, others are deodar clad or draped in a soft blue haze. In a gorge, some 6,000 feet below and clearly visible to the naked eye, flows the River Sutlej. Thanedar & its surrounds enjoy a special place in Himachal history. In 1916 Samuel Stokes, a social worker from Philadelphia brought the first apple saplings to this place he had adopted as his home.
Evening return back to hotel for overnight stay in Banjara Orchard Retreat. (B, L & D)
DAY 02: THANEDAR
After breakfast visit the Tani-Jubbar Lake (2400M) which is famous for the Nag-Devta temple. There on drive to the Hatu Peak which, at 3352m offers a panoramic view of the snowline of Srikhand Mahadev Mountain. You could also hike up to Hatu peak instead of driving. Picnic lunch at Hatu peak. Evening around a bonfire. Nights stay in Retreat.
Meals & overnight stay in Banjara Orchard Retreat. (B, L & D)
DAY 03: THANEDAR/SAHARAN / SANGLA
DISTANCE: 128 KMS; DRIVING 03HRS APPROX
After breakfast, enroute visit to Sarahan and check out from the hotel & drive to Sangla, upon arrival check in to the Kinner Camps.
Dinner & overnight at hotel..
- En-route viewing the Kinnaur - Kailash Peak which is splendid from Sangla.
- In the evening, Orientation walks in and around Sangla.
Lunch and Dinner Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 04: SANGLA / CHITKUL / SANGLA
ALTITUDE: 3450 M
After breakfast full day excursion to Chitkul Village, and day hike in Chitkul valley. Also experience some local activities...
- Chitkul is on the banks of Baspa River, is the first village of the Baspa valley and the last village on the old Hindustan-Tibet trade route. Chitkul are its houses with slate or wooden plank roofs, a Buddhist temple and a small tower.
- An experience of tea in local house.
- After visit evening back to Sangla.
Lunch, Dinner and Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 05: SANGLA / NAKO ALTITUDE: 3662 M; DISTANCE: 120 KMS; DRIVING 06HRS APPROX
After breakfast drive to Nako, upon arrival check into the kinner camps / guest house for night stay, after that visit around the village...
- Nako Lake which freezes in the winter and villagers play ice hockey during this period.
- Temple of Padamsambhava, the second incarnation of Lord Buddha who made Buddhism popular in the Trans Himalayas.
- In evening, Orientation walks in and around Nako.
Dinner and Overnight at the fixed camp.
AY 06: NAKO / TABO DISTANCE: 63 KMS; DRIVING 03HRS APPROX
After breakfast, drive to Tabo to witness the Ajanta of Himalayas. Upon arrival check in at the hotel for overnight stay.
After breakfast drive to Spituk, this is 18 kms from Leh enroute visit at Shanti Stupa and Spituk Gompa.
- Tabo Monastery known as the "Gem of the Himalayas". Tabo is a small townon the banks of the Spiti River. The town lies on the road between Rekong Peo and Kaza, the sub-divisional headquarters of Spiti. The town surrounds a Buddhist monastery which, according to legend, is said to be over a thousand years old. His Holiness the Dalai Lama has expressed his desire to retire to Tabo, since he maintains that the Tabo Monastery is one of the holiest. In 1996, HH the Dalai Lama conducted the Kalachakra initiation ceremony in Tabo, which coincided with the millennium anniversary celebrations of the Tabo monastery. The ceremony was attended by thousands of Buddhists from across the world.
- In the evening, Orientation walks in and around Tabo.
Dinner and Overnight at hotel.
DAY 07: TABO / DHANKAR (ALTITIDE: 12, 774 FT) / LALUNG / DEMUL / KOMIK / KAZA DISTANCE: 63 KMS; DRIVING 03HRS APPROX
After breakfast drive to Kaza en route visit at Dhankar, Lalung, Demul & Komik...
- Dhankar Monastery belongs to the Gelugspa School of order. The monastery serves as the residence of over 150 monks. There is also a collection of various crumbling 'thangka' sculptures in the monastery.
- Demul monastery is a relatively newly built one, considering that this village in itself came into existence recently. The village was supposedly shifted from its earlier location, further into the Lingti valley, to the present one due to better land quality here. The guide brought to our notice that the monastery here has paintings of Buddha's life from birth till death on its walls, which are said to be unique to this monastery.
- Tanguid monastery (4380 mts.), above the village of Komik.
After visit proceed to to Kaza, upon arrival check in to the hotel for night stay. Dinner and Overnight at hotel.
DAY 08: KAZA / KEY MONASTERY & KIBBER VILLAGE / RANGRIK
After breakfast, excursion to Key monastery & Kibber Village.
- Key monastery (4116m) and 8Kms ahead Kibber village (4205m) which is the 2nd highest permanently inhabited village of the world connected by a motor able road. Observe the life style here and indulge into what it will be to survive in such circumstances centuries ago- it's just another tale of human efforts and survival. We can feel it through our experience and so will you after all not just trip but gifting an experience is our mission.
Evening return back to hotel. Dinner and Overnight at hotel.
DAY 09: KAZA / KUNZAM PASS (4558 M) / CHANDER-TAL / KEYLONG DISTANCE: 185 KMS; DRIVING 07-08HRS APPROX
After breakfast drive to Keylong via KUNZAM PASS (4558 M), en route visit Chandar Tal (Moon Lake) after visit continue drive to Keylong. Upon arrival check in to the hotel for night stay.
- Kunzum Pass: - is a high mountain pass on the eastern Kunzum Range of the Himalayas some 122 km (76 mi) from Manali. It connects the Kullu Valley and Lahul Valley with the Spiti Valley. It is on the route to kaza the sub divisional headquarters of Spiti valley. There is a temple at the top of this pass dedicated to goddess Durga. There is also a 14 km trek to the moon lake of the Chandra Tal from the kunzum pass.
- Chandra Tal, (Moon Lake) is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in the Himalayas. Mountains of screed overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a view on the other. The name of the lake originates from its crescent shape. Chandra Tal is a popular destination for trekkers and campers. The lake is accessible on foot from Batal as well as from Kunzum Pass There is also a motor able road from Batal which is 16 km away from Chandra Tal. The most surprising thing about this lake is that there is no visible source of this lake but there is a visible outlet of this lake which means that water to this lake comes from underground. Overnight in Fixed Camp at Chandertal. Late afternoon enjoy the serenity of this place.
Dinner and Overnight at camp.
DAY 10: CHANDER TAL / MANALI
After breakfast Proceed drives towards to Manali over the mighty Rohtang Pass (3998 M). Upon arrival check in to the hotel for night stay.
- Rohtang pass (3998 m) is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas around 51 km (32 mi) from Manali. It connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India. Spend some time at Rohtang for looking the panoramic beauty of Manali valley. Continue drive to Lahaul valley is quite rocky & barren & totally opposite to the lush green Kullu valley.
Dinner and Overnight stay at the hotel.
DAY 11: MANALI SIGHTSEEING; DEPARTURE
After breakfast: Transfer to Chandigarh airport / Kullu airport for journey back home.
***END OF THE PROGRAM***
PRICE PER PERSON ON TWIN SHARING BASIS
INR 52053.00 PER PERSON
THE ABOVE PRICE IS COMMISSIONABLE BY 15% & VALID FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED DATES ONLY, INCLUDING THE CURRENT GOVT. SERVICE TAX.
THE ABOVE PRICE IS VALID FOR A GROUP OF MNIMUM 06 PAX.
- August 27th to September 05th
- September 10th to September 19th
HOTELS LISTED BELOW OR SIMILAR:
|Thanedar||Banjara Orchard Retreat www.banjaracamps.com/camps-retreats-in-himalayan-valley...in.../default.aspx||Classic room||02||FB|
|Sangla||Banjara Camp & Retreat – Sangla www.banjaracamps.com||Swiss tents||02||FB|
|Nako||kinner camps http://www.kinnercamps.com/||Swiss tents||01||HB|
|Tabo||Grand Dewachen http://www.dewachenretreats.com||Deluxe room||01||HB|
|Kaza||Grand Dewachen http://www.dewachenretreats.com||Deluxe room||01||HB|
|manali||Green Mountain Lodge http://www.greenmountainlodge.net/||Deluxe room||01||HB|
- Accommodation in standard hotel on twin share basis.
- Vehicle and driver at client's disposal pickup from Arrival till Departure by Non AC local Jeep as per program.
- Service of local English speaking accompanying guide from arrival till departure is included as per program.
ABOVE PRICE EXCLUDE:
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls etc...
- Any Expenses Caused By Reason Beyond Our Control Such As Road Blocks, Weather Conditions, Natural Calamities, Accidents, Medical Evacuations, Any Flight Fare, Ant Flight / Train Cancellation, Rescheduling, Delays Etc.
- Any tips to drivers, guide, hotel staff or camp staff,
- Any visa fee or airport taxes, any camera fees.
- Any other expenses apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Monuments Entrances Fess.
THE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO BE REVISED IF ANY ADDITIONAL TAXES OR HIKE ARE INTRODUCED BY THE GOVERNMENT.
The cost above is provisional; subject to change depends on the hotels confirmed. The exact cost shall be known to you after the hotel confirmation.
IMP NOTE Please note that the Hotels proposed in the quote may not be available at time of booking, in this situation suitable alternative hotel will be booked. In the situation suitable/similar hotel is not available a next available category will be booked n cost diff between the two hotels will be provided, in case of reduction we will refund the money but in case of supplements, the clients should be ready for the same. If we get higher category rooms clients will need to pay the difference if they choose this option